Liverpool City Region’s Freeport bid has now moved to the development of the full business case. This is an opportunity not only for the area but for the whole North West as the 45km boundary stretches as far as Salford, West Lancashire and Cheshire.
As soon as the Freeport process was announced, Insider Media championed Liverpool City Region’s bid and now with the result of the successful campaign are holding a special event to look at the scale of the opportunity.
The panel (including our Sales & Marketing Director, Niamh Allen) will look at how the Freeport will:
- Increase trade through the Port of Liverpool and other City Region gateways
- Develop a globally significant cluster of port, manufacturing, logistics and innovation activity
- Be a central tool in attracting inward investment
- Regenerate areas of deprivation and establish sustainable job creation
- Make a significant contribution in rebalancing UK freight and logistics
- Improve links to national, regional and City Regional infrastructure assets
- Support the enablement of national and local ambitions for Net Zero
- How the Freeport can benefit individual businesses that locate there, especially at the three ‘tax’ sites of Wirral Waters, Parkside (St Helens) and 3MG (Widnes).