With buildings responsible for 40% of the global energy-related carbon emissions, there has to be a global shift towards smart sustainable buildings that reduce operational costs and carbon emissions. Smart Buildings efficiently and economically use resources to create a safe and comfortable environment for occupants.
Why invest in
Reduce Energy Consumption – 30% of energy is wasted in commercial buildings. Technology can automate building systems to reduce unnecessary energy consumption.
Increase Productivity – Employees can take up to 25% longer to complete a task if the room is too hot. By controlling the environment, studies have recorded 12% productivity improvement.
Reduce Operating Costs – Identifying patterns in your business can help to reduce building overheads. 30-40% of desk space is wasted.
Smart Access Control
Smart credentials help businesses enhance how people enter and move around buildings. IoT Horizon can support clients with:
Mobile-First and Wearable Strategies that improve productivity
Convergence of Physical Access and Logical Access (IT Security)
Smart Camera Systems to facilitate security and asset management
Covid Secure Strategies to include Contact Tracing
Credential reviews as many businesses use old insecure technologies
COVID-19 has fundamentally changed the way businesses operate and use their buildings. Space optimisation decisions have previously been made based on educated assumptions, but with the advances in smart building technologies, facilities managers can now access real-time information on space usage. This can help businesses to make data-driven decisions on how to scale and repurpose building spaces.
IoT and Building
The integration of Building Management Systems and IoT can help businesses create truly smart buildings. A BMS will provide data on core operational systems, and IoT can provide real-time data on building facilities at a granular level. At IoT Horizon our support will include:
- How IoT technologies can monitor power consumption and identify inefficiencies
- How automation can be achieved to reduce operating and energy costs, and lower carbon emissions.
- IoT and BMS integration. For example, integrating external weather data into HVAC systems. If the external temperature sensors start to rise, the system can proactively maintain internal building temperatures.
IoT Energy Monitoring can help businesses access real-time, granular data to reduce expenditure and prevent unnecessary waste. IoT Horizon can help businesses:
- Visualise real-time and historical energy consumption data
- Detect abnormal patterns such as unnecessary energy usage
- Use the software to remotely control energy and conserve resources
- Make informed decisions on how to reduce the carbon footprint
- Provide better automation to other sources of energy such as Solar PV, Heat Pumps, and Batteries.
Studies have found that indoor air quality has huge repercussions on productivity, decision-making, and communication. Poor indoor air quality can cause adverse health effects such as fatigue, headaches, reduced mental and physical performance. At IoT Horizon, we help customers move towards a healthier and more productive indoor environment through a range of IoT sensors. Our favourite saying is – you can’t manage something you don’t measure.
- Generate new and granular data for the building environment
- 10+ sensor types available, such as temperature, humidity, co2, particulates, formaldehyde and others.
- Use the insights and automatic alerts to improve the health & wellbeing of building occupants
- Improve the productivity of employees through better environmental conditions
Digital Twins and the Internet of Things can provide actionable and meaningful insights into performance, production, and the environment.
- Provide virtual and interactive tour of your building
- Improve health & safety training and inductions
- Use the data to better understand the return on investment of the building.
- Use simulation to see the impact of space optimisation such as moving machines or assets.
- Integrate IoT Sensors to make the data real-time and actionable